Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Trying something new for dinner...

My eating an nutrition is a constant struggle and I'm using this blog to try and keep myself somewhat accountable and also to share some of the things I'm learning, recipes I'm trying, etc.

I thought I would share the recipe from my dinner experiment. I have been doing well this week with my eating. Granted, it is only Wednesday, but.....small, consistent steps, right?!? I've included a picture of my dinner tonight and also the recipe. It turned out really tasty. Try it!



Crustless Mushroom & Spinach Frittata Recipe
Serves: 6



Ingredients:

2 cups sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 onion, diced medium
10 oz. spinach
1 cup shredded yellow squash and zucchini
8 oz. lean turkey (optional)
2 cups skim milk
8 egg whites
1/4 cup Romano cheese
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp. fresh cracked black pepper

Directions
:

Preheat oven to 350*F.

In a nonstick skillet, saute onion and mushrooms until almost tender. Add spinach and cook. Stir and place into cast iron skillet.
Combine remaining ingredients in medium mixing bowl and pour over vegetables in a cast iron skillet.

Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until firm in center. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment