Monday, November 16, 2009

Spaghetti Squash Recipe Idea

OK, so I have had this spaghetti squash in my kitchen taunting me but I have not had a grand recipe for it until now! I found the recipe at Cara's Cravings and cannot wait to make it.

I may not be able to tonight as I don't have any spinach or feta and need to make a quick grocery run. Perhaps I can make that happen tomorrow!!

So, here's the recipe in case you'd like to try it:

Spaghetti Squash with Spinach, Raisins, Walnuts & Feta
Printable Recipe

Ingredients
1 large spaghetti squash, roasted, seeds discarded
1 tbsp olive oil
75 gm sliced sweet onion
1 10oz package fresh spinach, thick stems removed
30gm walnuts
40gm raisins
1oz feta cheese, crumbled
pinch of nutmeg, salt & pepper

Directions
Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over low heat. Remove from heat when they are fragrant and just beginning to brown.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Cook the onions until soft and translucent, about 10 minutes. Add the spinach, cover, and let cook until the spinach is wilted down, about 5 minutes.

Use two forks to remove the stringy flesh from the cooked spaghetti squash. Toss this with the spinach and onions, and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add the walnuts and raisins and heat through. Mix in about half of the crumbled feta, and top with the rest of the cheese to serve.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 2
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 385.8
Total Fat: 21.1 g
Cholesterol: 12.6 mg
Sodium: 330.0 mg
Total Carbs: 46.9 g
Dietary Fiber: 9.9 g
Protein: 11.5 g

1 comment:

  1. Hey swap partner! I love your blog and this recipe sounds totally yummy! I'm a vegetarian and this is right up my alley, I think I am actually going to try this recipe out on Saturday during a bunco get-together with some friends. Thanks for sharing :^)

    ReplyDelete