Friday, November 13, 2009

Time to "walk the walk"...

I feel that I have become very good at talking the talk when it comes to health, nutrition, weight loss, fitness....you name it. It's time to "walk the walk" and quit being a hypocrite. I have become increasingly frustrated with my lack of consistent commitment to my health. I have a love/hate relationship with food and I need to accept that life doesn't revolve around food or the next meal but that I need food to LIVE!

So...right here...right now, I am making a promise to myself to treat my body better, consistently eat more healthy, stay away from candy and sweets, drink more water, and exercise. I love my exercise routine currently, but there is definitely room for improvement. I am committing to walking/running my neighborhood three times a week in addition to the 3 day a week kettlebell routine I have. The extra movement cannot hurt and makes me feel better and happier with myself.

No more screwing around.....true commitment. Today is "IT"...not tomorrow, not Monday............TODAY! No more feeling like a failure because I haven't done 100% each day to this point, but today I will inspire myself to try again until I get it right!

With all that being said, I will close with this quote from Marian Wright Edelman: "You're obligated to keep trying to do the best you can every day."

1 comment:

  1. OK, so I didn't too well with my "walking the walk" over the weekend, but am doing well today. It's all about perseverance and continuing to try to be the best me I can be.

    So, today I'm doing better than yesterday and that's a good start!

    ReplyDelete